Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Innovation Electronics Engineer
Application Deadline: 31st May 2020
South East, Permanent AB/J4791
As an experienced electronics engineer in innovation, NPI or new product development, you will provide technical insights related to device operation and performance to improve the innovation pipeline, driving the identification of game-changing technologies in consumer devices.
As innovation electronics engineer you will lead and drive projects in early-stage technology development (Discovery). You will recommend strategies for the identification of technical enablers that create new hardware concepts and ideas relevant to New Categories. Use your electronics expertise to drive solutions generation through established Open Innovation channels to validate proposals at speed and provide technical oversight and integration in the development and validation of concepts and ideas to lead and develop talent within the Open Innovation & New Technologies team
• Discover and understand new to electronic device technology.
• Lead the identification of technical enablers and development/validation of proof of concept prototypes as required for all New Product Categories.
• Lead the transfer of projects into Discovery and product development teams.
• Ensure that the proposed technologies are scalable and accurately address commercial requirements.
• Ensure Technologies are developed based on a clear understanding of both the product and its relationship with the user.
• Enable your team to define intelligence parameters that can improve our innovation roadmaps and pipelines, including IP, competitor strategies, technology trends, academic publications etc.
• Through a partnership approach, assess suppliers’ capability whilst maintaining a cost-effective relationship. The role should also ensure the ongoing relationship is managed and driven on a continual improvement basis.
• Ensure the IP Strategy for technology applications is delivered against Discovery phase work and that any technology or process is adequately protected in line with the wider group’s IP Strategy.
• Support the Open Innovations and Technology Manager in building a culture of excellence and lead the technical development of team and people.
Knowledge, Skills Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
• Working knowledge of electronic design methods
• Strong experience in product development, preferably in the IoT space
• Extensive experience developing battery-powered consumer electronics devices
• Familiar with consumable and durable device system and key sensing technologies connected with their operation
• Good knowledge of electronic software programming (languages C/C++, Arduino or other)
• Fluent in electrical CAD software use such as Cadence or CAD
• Experience of managing activities to rapid prototype electronics hardware
• Technology experience with any of RFID, NFC, low-energy Bluetooth, low-energy wireless, low-energy radio protocols, LTE-A, and WiFi-Direct.
Full Time. Permanent Benefits Package Includes Non-contributory pension, Strong bonus (up to 40%), 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Car allowance, Insurance, on site gym, subsidised catering. Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to ABJ4791 firstname.lastname@example.org