Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Lead Pharmacology Scientist
South East Ref: ABJ4801
As a Principal Pharmacology Scientist with a focus on Neuropharmacology will lead the research strategy on neuro-pharmacological effects of actives, substances and experiences which result in potential competitive, efficacious and well-characterised prototype opportunities and concepts to support new actives and substances innovations for a global company. With a strong pharmacology background with neuropharmacology focus you will define the research program and budget within this new discovery field.
As a lead pharmacological scientist there is a need to explore, develop and acquire relevant neuropharmacology science to guide the exploration and development of potential new active formulations that can fulfil requirements on both safety and efficacy regards human effects. This role will be critical in shaping the scientific approach to new actives/stimulants and their desired human effects.
- Embeds up-to-date principles and best practices of neuropharmacology to unlock key benefit areas of interests and drive the research strategy of new actives.
- Define and oversee targeted human effect evaluation of active formulations and prototypes to prove efficacy and assess opportunity/threat, drug-active interactions.
- Develop tools and create protocols to guide efficient screening with internal and external partners.
- Stay abreast of relevant and leading developments in neuropharmacology.
- Lead/participate in relevant cross-R&D and cross-functional activities to drive new active science agenda.
- Interface with all new product / discovery teams to build in relevant workstreams to expand knowledge.
- Manage external collaborations with thought leaders, institutes, start-ups and multinationals.
- Develop peer-reviewed scientific papers and present at relevant external forums.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:-
- Qualified to PhD / MSc level or equivalent in Pharmacology or Neuropharmacology background
- Extensive scientific research and development experience at a senior professional level on pharmacology (essential) and neuropharmacology with a leading academic and/or Pharmaceutical/ Biopharmaceutical or FMCG companies.
- Experience with in-vitro / in-silico methods of working to study human effects
- Highly skilled in designing hypothesis-based formulations and evaluating their human effects (essential)
- Professional experiences in delivering regulatory packages to support potential claims
- Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills, within a community of SMEs
- Ability to attend F2F meetings and to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
They can offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a Strong Bonus Scheme, Car Allowance, Share Options, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance as part of a strong flexible benefits package.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson at, quoting reference - Ref:ABJ4801 on 0203 909 3782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org