Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
New Product Development Manager
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
South East Ref: ABJ4875
As innovations product development manager as part of a Global R&D function for new active ingredients you will be responsible to manage with third party developers for the delivery of key projects that form the new product cycle plan portfolio in news areas for the organisation. Your experience of the full product development lifecycle will be crucial to the role.
- Identify and facilitate the necessary internal and external resource partnerships to enable, largely, third party product development to take place.
- Proven ability to work with external partners and to smooth internal processes and barriers.
- With a deep understanding of best in class innovation techniques and approaches, grow, identify and drive external collaborations in product development, research and other areas in the region of responsibility.
- Ensure first screening and assessment of technologies and opportunities and enable adoption by the business and innovation teams.
- Ensure that all project team members provide the necessary input to create and maintain the business case throughout the project life. Report status of the business case and escalate issues/risks when they arise.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between Operations, Marketing, Project Managers and the third party suppliers / developers
- Manage the project budget on behalf of the business, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
- Identify strategic level risks emerging from the environment in which the business operates and the environment in which the project is run and ensure risks are managed with 3rd parties.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Background in Food Science, Beverages (preferred) or Product Development
- Significant experience in Product Development e.g. beverage market / FMCG/ consumer goods
- Strong experience in engagement with 3rd party developers / suppliers
- Strong communication, collaboration and strong leadership skills. Proven ability to lead teams.
- Strong understanding of the full product lifecycle.
- Previous experience in Research & Development organisations and the necessary underlying processes and governance.
- Experience working in a global project or portfolio management role within a blue chip consultancy and/ or large multi-national organisation.
- Proven track record in delivering product innovation and at the interface with third parties.
- Proven ability to effectively integrate the diverse consumer insights into the product-technology program in both the short and long term.
- Some travel when required, some home working possible
Benefits: Strong Bonus 40%, Car allowance, 25 days annual leave, Company Bonus Scheme
Company Share Reward Scheme, Company Pension Scheme. Private Healthcare Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ4875 on 02039093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org