Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
R&D Process Chemist
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
South East ABJ8456 Perm
As a Senior Industrial Process chemist with R&D experience, you will support the Technical Manager and Lab manager in all functions with a focus on trials, investigations, general troubleshooting and process monitoring.
This site analyses chemicals it produces so experience from an R&D lab where there is a plant / manufacturing site additional to would be advantageous.
As process chemist the most important function within the role would be process and analysis optimisation and troubleshooting –the ability to make changes when test methods develop issues or changes in raw materials etc.
As process chemist, you will take knowledge of the processes and the chemistry involved and develop small research projects to identify what is happening and what improvements can be made documenting this in reports.
The second most important function for the role would be process trend analysis – The laboratories test in-process and final product, then using a form of process, review how their production is running. As process chemist, you will support the Technical Management team to review all process data through-out the company and maintain production on centreline and identify any future potential issues before they happen.
As process chemist you will operate outside of the R&D team but will often run parallel work to the R&D team as required but governed by the technical manager
- Act as primary trouble-shooter for company process or analysis issues.
- Assist in customer support activities including customer complaints and troubleshooting
- Assist the team writing and reviewing company COSHH assessments, general risk assessments& test methods.
- Investigate, study and research process raw materials and final product; develop and maintain a suitable documentation system to act as a reference for all working materials.
- Development of new and existing products writing suitable trial proposals, progress reports and final reports.
- Use the information from R&D work to help in the design and improvement of processes with the writing of suitable documentation to support this function.
- Help to write COSHH assessments, general risk assessments and test methods.
- To monitor process trends using statistical models to improve and maintain centrelines. Assist in process adjustments as required.
- Through reference, research and experimentation devise methods to analyse properties of given products.
- Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Using standard statistical methods, evaluate the accuracy, reliability and reproducibility of analytical methods.
- Carry out detailed Analytical Projects, to gain an improved understanding of process behaviour.
- Knowledge of Quality systems, testing methods and equipment operation, some assistance in QC lab.
- Calibration and Standardisation of appropriate equipment
- The regular and routine calibration of instruments and equipment
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Professional/academic achievement in Chemistry or a related physical science at BSc MSc, MPhil level or equivalent chemistry related background.
- Relevant technical experience from an industrial R&D setting with instrumental analysis techniques desirable not essential (e.g. ICP, ICP-OES, GC-FID, FTIR XRF,) Analytical method development and validation
- An excellent trouble shooter and problem solver, identifier of patterns in analysis work
- Experience of working in an ISO 17025 accredited and/or GLP compliant environment is highly desirable
- Project management capabilities / any statistical analysis (desirable)
Salary – Approx. week 40hrs c35k but potential for overtime.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ4856 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org