Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Analytical Chemist
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
South East ABJ8455 Perm
As a senior analytical chemist you will drive analytical strategy and ensure that analytical support for the news substances program meets standards of best practice. As senior analytical chemist with responsibility for project management and delivery of technical objectives, you will provide expert analytical technical guidance to the project teams, product stewardship and analytical colleagues to deliver scientific solutions.
You will be proficient in method development from scratch and have commercial experience of GC-MS/MS , and LC/MS/MS and the analytical exploration to review existing information, identify knowledge gaps, design and conduct experiments to develop relevant scientific capability.
- Leads delivery of analytical strategy to provide the company with leading edge analytical solutions for wew substance analysis (Discovery, Development and Deployment stages)
- Provides analytical science lead in scoping and technical discussions with project stakeholders, giving appropriate scientific guidance which is business relevant
- Reviews technical resources and capability, identifies potential limitations of capability and proposes fit for purpose solutions, including new and replacement equipment, instruments and technical processes
- Leads technical specialists in the identification, analysis and resolution of scientific problems
- Monitors the scientific integrity of studies and projects, keeping stakeholders and management informed
- Leads the training and technical/ professional development of scientific staff to ensure that they have the necessary knowledge and practical capability to deliver to the required standard and to continue in their development
- Leads the structured evaluation of technologies to support proposals for strategic capability development in own and other areas of technical specialism, including preparation of business case and co-ordination with other R&D functions (e.g. Commercial Manager)
- Engages pro-actively with internal and external scientific peers to set strategy for best technical practice, to identify opportunities for collaborative research and to communicate results of research, including through peer review publications
- The role requires technical engagement with external research partners and management/supervision of analytical scientists in the conduct of research studies
- Provides training in technical skills, innovation methodologies and coaching for the team
- Internal and external peer review of technical reports publications and presentations
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Professional/academic achievement in Chemistry or a related physical science at MSc, MPhil or PhD level
- Relevant technical experience resulting in in-depth knowledge and application of best technical practice, analytical method development and validation using complex instrumental analysis techniques (including GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, HPLC/MS, HPLC/MS/MS, ICP/MS)
- Skilled use and understanding of preparative and instrumental techniques applicable to the isolation and measurement of the chemical properties of, and trace level analytes in, complex matrices
- Broad and deep analytical and chemical substances found in Food, Beverages Pharma or FMCG products
- Active membership of the RSC at C.Chem. or FRSC level / Continuing professional development
- Demonstrable competency in the chemical analysis of natural extracts and related products is a primary requirement and experience of working in an ISO 17025 accredited and/or GLP compliant environment is highly desirable
- Project management capabilities (e.g. PRINCE2 practitioner)
Benefits: Strong Bonus, Car allowance, 25 days annual leave, Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
Company Share Reward Scheme, Company Pension Scheme. Private Healthcare Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ4855 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org