Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Mechanical Design Engineer
South East Ref: ABJ4858
As Project Engineer in mechanical design (design engineer) with manufacturing experience you are urgently required to join the manufacturing innovation team as part of the Global Manufacturing Department. As a Project Engineer with experience in mechanical design you will focus on developing and delivering commercial design and manufacturing solutions for new-to-world technologies. This role overlooks all aspects of a project’s lifecycle from ideation through to deployment.
As a manufacturing design engineer you will develop and assist in the delivery of new innovative technologies in line with company requirements to provide consumer relevant innovations whilst supporting a sustainable business model. Previous experience relating to the design and development of consumer electronic products and innovative technical solutions would be a requirement of this role.
Responsibilities include the transformation of product requirements into tangible, commercial, reliable engineering solutions for use in consumer electronic products, co-ordination of activities within internal teams and external partners to verify designs, project planning and execution, and project reporting.
- Completion of technology feasibility studies.
- Specification & design of new manufacturing technologies & processes.
- Qualification of new designs within the development and manufacturing environment.
- Providing technical documentation to support new designs.
- Liaising with internal & external technical teams spread across multiple locations.
- Regular reporting and updating of project plans dashboards.
- Liaising with technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Review of the technology landscape to enable the development of future technology platforms.
- Identification and evaluation of technology tools to optimize the development process.
- Must have a related Design / Engineering Degree.
- Proficient Mechanical CAD user for modelling and drafting. (SolidWorks preferred).
- Medical devices, FMCG, telecoms, consumer electronics
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Intuitive designer.
- Hands on experience in component design and evaluation for electronic consumer devices.
- Experience performing engineering development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM, tolerance stack analysis etc
- Self-motivated to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation/report writing skills.
- Able to work on multiple activities and deliver against agreed priorities.
Experience of working with cross functional teams in a global organisation.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Project.
High degree of personal resilience, drive and flexibility
Experience of regulatory compliance requirements for consumer electronic devices.
Experience of product design, integrating electronics
Full Time. (35hr week) Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment Please call on 07814547440 OR +44 (0)203 909 3782, or apply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to: firstname.lastname@example.org