Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
South East AB/J4811
An experienced chemist in product development will provide the lead and manage a mix of short and long term development work within the development team for new and modified products, to join the formulation department to assist primarily in the rapid throughput formulation development of new cosmetic / cosmeceutical products. As formulation chemist you would also participate in the formulation development of pharmaceutical medicines and medical devices would also be expected.
- Rapid development of novel, wide ranging, innovative formulations from initial design concept through to the final article.
- Make packaging choices and compatibility, optimisation of physical characteristics and performing physicochemical stability studies.
- Creation of bench scale prototype formulations
- Assessing physical stability parameters to determine lead formulations and packaging to be taken forward
- Writing development stability protocols and short development reports, SOPs and protocols
- Involvement with scale-up of potential formulations up to 100 kg pilot scale including the opportunity to support manufacture and filling of clinical trial supplies.
- Troubleshoot / re-formulate existing marketed product.
- Continuous improvement in technical knowledge, company processes, and laboratory equipment capabilities.
- A degree in a cosmetic or pharmaceutical science or chemistry
- Formulations development experience, preferably in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or other skin care products or personal care industry.
- Experience of working in a R&D environment.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com