Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Analytical Chemist (Shift)
Analytical Chemist (Shift) c34k
South East ABJ4893
An analytical chemist (ICP preferred) is urgently required to contribute to the efficient operation of the inorganic quality laboratory by the accurate and timely analysis of samples. As an inorganic chemist you collate and interpret associated data initiating corrective action where appropriate. As an inorganic chemist you will support process and product development work assist in customer support activities and assist the laboratory supervisor.
Because of the nature of the shift work this can lead to long hours (and a higher salary) but also more days off per month including night shifts and day shifts on a rota.
- Knowledge of Quality systems, testing methods and equipment operation in connection with inorganic chemistry e.g. IC, ICP, ICP-OES, GC-MS XRF.
- Recording of analytical data.
- Development of analytical test methods.
- Development of operating procedures.
- Carrying out analytical projects, producing suitable reports on completion.
- Acceptance of samples into the laboratory, verification of Lab logbook entry, complete identification and security.
- Timely analysis of samples in accordance with product specifications and designated methods.
- The recording in full of analytical measurements in personal workbook or designated worksheets, along with signature and date.
- The preparation of delivery samples, with correct labelling and Certificate of Analysis, and their distribution.
- The regular routine calibration of instruments and equipment, in accordance with the prescribed techniques and frequency.
- The recording of calibration results and reporting any anomalies.
- The regular routine standardisation of reagents in accordance with the prescribed techniques and frequency.
- Give close attention to appropriate chemical hygiene, laboratory cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Through reference, research and experimentation devise methods to analyse specific properties of given products.
- Generate Standard Operating Procedures, reflecting precisely the working practices carried out in the lab.
- By the application of standard statistical methods, evaluate the accuracy, reliability and reproducibility of analytical methods.
- Carry out detailed Analytical Projects, as requested by the Laboratory Manager or Technical Manager, to gain an improved understanding of process behaviour.
- Write suitable progress reports to provide information to laboratory management and production personnel when appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree Chemistry or related field.
- Industrial Chemistry Background or lab experience desirable
- Experience or understanding of inorganic analytical techniques e.g. IC, ICP GC-MS XRF etc
Shift patterns that will also involve night work and long hours but well rewarded.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting a rewarding job that supports a progressive expanding business. If you are interested in this position please apply to:
To Apply: Please send a word doc cv to Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, Ref: ABJ4893, and on 0203 909 3782 07814547440 to email@example.com.