Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
South East ABJ4897
A Microbiologist is urgently required for a busy laboratory team for an international company. As an experienced microbiologist your role is to achieve and maintain microbial free status in its products and plants. Centralised support is provided by way of microbial testing service, hygiene best practice training, implementation of process-based hygiene improvements, data monitoring and trend analysis as well as a proactive research and development programme to introduce and test novel and alternative compliant in can preservation solutions.
The team of microbiologists operate and liaise cross-functionally with the Regulatory Affairs, Research & Development, Operations Support and Quality Control teams to drive and deliver key pipeline projects.
As microbiologist you will independently plan and execute technical work program to undertake technical projects under supervision. As microbiologist you will have a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and is able to apply this knowledge effectively to solve customer problems.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with our Health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and improving safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Perform microbiological analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods.
- Conduct Biocide Efficacy testing studies in support of the business.
- Culture collection development and maintenance.
- To support the business with microbial safety and quality issues.
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of nonconforming work.
- Carry out Plant hygiene audits in order to identify processes, practices, equipment and raw materials that contribute to microbial contamination.
- Plan and execute project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Sample log in and reporting using LIMS system.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or related field (biology / biochemistry)
- Commercial experience of microbiology in a food, pharma, chemicals / CRO environment
- Exp in biocides, biocidal products, cleaning agents, detergents - desirable
- Aseptic Techniques, routine bioburden tests.
- LIMS exp.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Working knowledge of HPLC techniques - desirable
- Experience of working in an accredited laboratory (ISO 17025) - desirable
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4897 on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org