Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
South East ABJ4901
As Senior Toxicologist you will lead, build and shape the toxicological approaches for new product categories for a global organisation.
As a senior scientist in toxicology the opportunity to influence the direction of projects and will be responsible for identifying, leading & actioning the toxicological science program (desk-based research, testing approaches, methods, data generation etc.) that can unlock these innovations helping to achieve the desired business value growth.
As senior toxicologist you will direct and deliver toxicological guidance for our New Categories which are targeting new territories. As senior toxicologist you will be pivotal in opportunities in new approaches and help train others in the field.
- Identify the appropriate safety science and experimental toxicology programme that will deliver against the broad ranging toxicological needs of the new categories.
- Deliver complex programmes on new ingredients and new benefit areas to enable an acceptable use level across our different platforms and new forms
- Drive and deliver a connected science programme with internal partners, such as experimental toxicology team, analytical, product science, office of science, to support toxicological assessments, whilst also working with Product Compliance to ensure a connected Stewardship approach.
- Work closely with the science teams on the supply/manufacturing considerations for these new categories and determine how these can influence and shape approaches.
- Build a broad external network and keep connected with the external literature / data & methodologies to help shape the programme.
- Ensure these new data and sources can support and supplement the data required to enable risk assessment.
- Identify and work to secure the resource requirements required to deliver the programme.
- Manage the research budget and prioritisation choices on testing requirements.
- Drive team on culture journey to become knowledgeable enabling partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified with a an appropriate qualification BSc, MSc, PhD
- A wealth of commercial experience of the principles of Toxicology & Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Deep knowledge of technical test methodologies and how to connect with broader programme
- Strategic thinker developing future state & vision
- Good communication, proactive and simple
- Creative, collaborative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, tenacious
- Strong stakeholder & senior leader management. Proven ability to influence cross-functionally in senior forums and challenging environments.
- Track record of peer review publication & report writing. Ability to tailor scientific communications to different audiences
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus (40%), 5 weeks holiday (pro rata), Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T: 0203 909 3782 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (ABJ4901). Email email@example.com