Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Process Chemist (Manufacturing Plant)
East Midlands (Permanent) Ref: ABJ4916
A plant chemist with experience in process manufacturing is actively required to work with Operational, R&D and commercial colleagues to ensure that the product chemistry and plant capabilities are optimised with respect to product quality, operating efficiency and customer service.
As a plant chemist with a process background, you will help to drive continuous improvement in the conversion process by working with R&D specialists to ensure process instructions are aligned to plant design.
As process / plant chemist, you will aid in the technical training of operational colleagues and ensure that all process instructions are appropriate, optimal and understood.
- For nominated product areas improve processing to give robust & repeatable manufacturing - carry out a full review of the process, produce clear process instructions, identify gaps in equipment/process design that constrain product quality and work with cross-functional teams to reduce these.
- Where the above process review demonstrates gaps in our shared knowledge of what the operating window should be, lead lab or pilot plant work to establish the key parameters.
- Ensure that learned best practice is fed back to R&D and incorporated into any live NPD projects due to come into UK plants.
- Support the improvement of right first time (RFT) by working with the manufacturing teams, QC and R&D to identify products with low RFT and implement changes to improve these.
- Act as the Operations coordinator for approved Bill of Materials (BOM) changes arising from this work. Monitor results post changes to confirm improvements are sustained.
- Work with the operators to improve their understanding of the processes in their area: communicate changes to processing, with a clear message of why these are important and support work to deliver standardised working.
- Provide technical support to the CI team for any process improvements recommended from this route. Participate in CI led plant sessions to help generate these ideas
- Work with Engineering colleagues to help upgrade operating controls in support of improved conversion efficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification incorporating aspects of Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Composite Engineering or a related subject
- Experience in a R&D environment, preferably in the polymer, adhesive or composite materials field.
- Significant experience in providing technical support to the Manufacturing.
- Significant experience in solving problems and developing new process with manufacturing to improve overall performance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise a demanding workload.
- Strong awareness of accreditation schemes.
- Knowledge of the requirements of meeting production schedules whilst complying with COMAH HSE legislation.
We can offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated fringe benefits. These include Profit Related Bonus Scheme, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson quoting reference ABJ4916
Please call on 020 7421 5200, 07814547440 or reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org