Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Data Engineer (DV Cleared)
Application Deadline: 30th November 2020
Location: South , United Kingdom
Role: Data Engineer (DV Cleared) - Permanent or Contractor
Benefit: Competitive salary & Bonus
Our Client is a customer obsessed specialist consultancy, who do not deviate from our core specialisms: Data Engineering, Data Science and Cloud Infrastructure.
At our core, we are a partner-driven organisation focused on customer success and fostering an excellent internal culture for our team. Enabling us to implement rapid agile digital transformations across a variety of industries, which is further augmented by our accelerators and automation toolsets. We invest heavily in R&D & Thought-Leadership to provide innovative and innovative solutions to our clients.
We believe that our people are what makes us the company we are. This is why we have chosen to adopt a partnership model, ensuring that we all share in the success. With only four levels in our hierarchy between consultant and partner, everyone is empowered to have a positive influence in the way we do things.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary & Bonus
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- A range of flexible benefits
- Company away days
Key points of the role:
- Working for a growing consultancy that has a strong focus on innovation and collaboration.
- Initially working for a high profile client, you will need DV clearance to apply for this
- Working with the latest version of the technology in an agile development team, who are focused on continuous improvement?
- Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems
- Document source-to-target mappings
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use
- Support the build of data streaming systems
- Write ETL scripts and code to make sure the ETL process performs optimally
- Develop business intelligence reports that can be re-used
- Build accessible data for analysis
- Recognise opportunities to re-use existing data flows
- Lead the build of data streaming systems
- Optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
- Lead work on database management
- Foster a DevOps approach, building and operating solutions with observability, including monitoring and logging
- Essential: You must hold DV clearance to be considered for this
- Strong SQL skills, comfortable analysing and processing
- Experienced working with Java, building efficient and scalable solutions
- Experience working with SAS highly desirable
- Proven strength in conceptual and logical thinking, ability to abstract information and look at the bigger picture
- Ability to articulate and present solutions at the right level for a wide
- Building relationships and networking, with high levels of motivation and collaboration
- Experience of working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed Programme
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build strong relationships that will be critical for the success of this