Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Field Product Specialist - (Chemicals)
c30-40k+ company car
- Location : Flexibility Central location preferable
- Possibility: Home based
- Travel to client sites 2 - 4 times a week (supporting the sales/ BD staff)
Are you traditionally a chemist and enjoy something out of the lab? As a field technical product chemist in the chemicals field you will apply your chemistry technical knowledge to assist product and sales and business development managers in the technical support of products to clients. As a business focused chemist and enjoying customer engagement you will deliver expert chemicals product advice to create optimum customer satisfaction. As field product specialist working closely with the sales and technical departments to improve the customer journey from new product launch to chemical plant conversions
This would suit a science or business graduate with some product support experience or product support with a background of being in a lab or on a chemicals plant site, or as part of a quality QA function since adhoc auditing of clients also required (training given)
- Provide customer technical product support services remotely, and at customers’ premises
- Identify and solve customer product issues by collaborating with the sales, production and technical teams to troubleshoot for root cause
- Evaluate recurring product issues and communicate information to stakeholders to try and achieve resolutions
- Ensure stakeholders are kept up to date with developments and progress of issues
- Advise existing and prospective customers on technical aspects of products
- Assist in new product launches and conversions by providing customer support
- Assist and support internal and external training on the industrial use of products, on an ad hoc basis as required
- Assist and input into the development of the company’s product development plan from a commercial point of view
- Write, review and revise SOPs, risk assessments and COSHH forms to continuously improve systems
- Work always with due regard to company and legislative health, safety and environmental requirements and acting to minimise risk in order to avoid injury, ill-health and environmental damage.
- Manage own development needs, participate in and support training programmes required by the company to improve overall performance
- Assisting audit customers at regular intervals (usually bi-annually), in accordance with the company and customer audit plans. Complete auditing training as necessary.
- No direct sales
Qualifications / Experience
- Applied science or engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
e.g. Chemistry / chemical engineering / process engineering/ process chemistry
- Auditing OR QA experience (desirable)
- Some experience in a product support environment
- Some experience dealing with commercial customers
- Experience of a laboratory, or chemical plant manufacturing environment
- Experience of carrying out or assisting conducting audits
- COSHH / Conduct risk assessments
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ5048 on 0203 909 3782, / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org