Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Principal Software Engineer - C#
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
Location: South East
Purpose of role:
To undertake a range of complex software development activities in line with relevant processes, under the direction of the Software Manager providing support to the Software Technical Authority.
Key Technical Skills
• Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment leading the software design for the relevant component
• Ability to help set the technical direction of the team
Possess in-depth knowledge in a number of the following software engineering disciplines:
• Software Design
• Coding standards
• Programming: C# (5yrs+)
• Software Integration & testing
• Configuration Management
Windows Active Directory and Domain
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. To lead software design to ensure that the overall system will behave according to its requirements in large & complex components.
2. Write high quality software according to coding standards and maintain existing software by investigating issues and identifying solutions.
3. Write software test schedules and use them to test the system.
4. Clearly document appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system.
5. Fully contribute to process improvement within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works.
6. Liaise with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
(Describe the roles operational responsibility in terms of volume/quality/timeliness/decision making/tactical/strategic)
• Keep up to date in relevant technical areas; develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
• Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
Contribute to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team
Key Outputs/Deliverables: Business Unit
• Design documentation
• Technical Reports and Specifications
• Test specifications
• Defect reports
• Software or configuration of software
• Implementation estimates (in man-hours)