Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Aerospace Fabrications Project Engineer
Short Term Contract (3 months)
Position: Aerospace Fabrication Projects Engineer
Reporting to: Projects Engineer and Operations Director
Department: Technical / Production Department
The project purpose is to further develop the existing fabrications cell and ensure that the company is fully compliant within the required time frame.
This will require a hands-on approach and supporting the cell leader with multiple tasks, including press brake programming, heat treatment and quality assurance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- • Read and understand production orders.
- • Read and understand Technical/Engineering drawings and related documentation such as Condition of Supply (COS) and engineering change note (ECN).
- • Fabricate precision brackets where tolerances apply after forming
- • Set and operate CNC Brake Press to primarily fold precision aluminium profiled parts
- • Program CNC Press Brake; preferably using RADAN software
- • Heat treat aluminium parts
- • Conductivity and hardness testing of heat-treated parts
- • adjust machining parameters to maintain optimum performance
- • first off inspection
- • support with the design of form checking fixtures
- • Support with part assembly – click bonding.
- • operator maintenance
- • maintain good 5S and housekeeping
- • assist production and engineering with continuous improvement activities
- • work in other areas to support high demand
- • comply with company policies
- • Working period: This position requires at least six years’ experience in an aerospace fabrication environment; particularly working with Press brakes forming and heat treatment processes.
- • Use of mechanical inspection equipment
- • Experienced with quality assurance; ensuring that heat treated fabricated parts are produced to a high standard and go out to treatments on time.
- • Knowledge of high-quality deburring techniques.
- • Experience with click bonding assembly
- • Have worked in a fast-paced production environment where efficiency and quality are key.
- • ITAR Compliant
- • Appreciation of Lean Principles and 5S methodology.
- • Computer literate especially in Windows based products.
- • Ability to work without detailed direction as well as working within a team
- • Well organized and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- • Willing to work required hours to complete the job
- • Ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels
- • Proactive and very energetic
8.00pm to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (½ hour unpaid daily lunch breaks)