Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Location: South Molton, Devon
This is a permanent position offering a very competitive salary and security working for a company with a great reputation with facilities located across the globe.
You will be responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organisation.
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies by applying Six Sigma Design and Development strategies.
- Conducts designed experiments.
- Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimise product development costs and maximise useful life of products.
- Conducts Design For Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable.
- Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
- Participates in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules
- Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business.
- Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
- Trains associates as required.
- Extracts and manipulates data from ERP systems as needed.
- Communicates vision of organisation via verbal communication and actions. Interprets strategic plan for purpose of developing goals for self.
Additional Knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, electronic circuits, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimising process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface).
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, injection moulding, welding, soldering, etc.