Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Mechanical Design Engineer
My client design and build special purpose machinery and have a requirement to recruit a mechanical design engineer, this position will support Development, Production, Sales and Technical Support.
- 3% contributory Pension
- 40 hours a week.
- Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 17:00 hrs, Friday 07:00 to 12:00 hrs,
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- When a redesign or quality issue arises from the Production department ability to create a suitable solution.
- Specifying and Resourcing of parts and suppliers for mechanical and pneumatic aspects of the machinery being built when shortages or quality issues arise.
- Working with the companies Non Conformance system and updating when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance met with all relevant machinery and safety legislation in regard to design of machinery.
- Producing Electrical wiring diagrams as directed and assembly / fabrication drawings for Production. (electrical engineers will be hand holding so to speak showing how to draw – this bit would be draughting)
- Working with Electrical and Control Engineers designing future portfolio of machinery which will include the development of our standard range but also Walk in Testing Rooms, Climatic Test chambers and Colourfast equipment.
- Create RnD prototype drawings and drawings suitable for Production.
- Creation of Prototypes using Supplier and Production resource.
- Resourcing and specification of suitable materials and suppliers.
- Continued improvements of current range of test equipment.
- As part of a design team creating Product specifications and managing the Product design life cycle.
- 3D modelling using Inventor
- Understanding of mechanical engineering, Sheet metal, manufacturing processes and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of thermal shock of materials would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of temperature probes and refrigeration / heating would be useful.
- Knowledge of plastics would be an advantage.
- Proven Design track record.
If interested please contact Andrew Wilson at Hudson Shribman on 0203 909 3785 as well as sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org