Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Summary of Role:
The Operations Manager is an active member of the UK leadership team and Governance structure. The role of the Manager is to develop and grow the company’s capabilities and capacities and oversee the overall manufacturing processes to ensure optimised production requirements are met.
The Operation Manager will need to work closely with the other departmental managers ensuring the business output is in line with the overall business strategy whilst maintaining manufacturing production, compliance cand budgetary targets.
The Operations Manager is accountable for supervising and directing his team who are responsible for every stage of manufacturing production to ensure high quality and cost effective product. The Manager is to ensure availability of necessary material, equipment, and labour resources required for future business opportunities.
The Operations Manager will ensure that procedures are adhered to and that a continuous improvement strategy is in place for the business. Providing clear operating instructions and organisational structures while maintaining company processes.
The areas of responsibility:
- Product Fabrication
- Final Assembly & Build
- In house surface treatments
- Manufacturing projects
- Lean Manufacturing
- Plant and Machinery maintenance
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Facilities Management
Deliver the daily, weekly and monthly production requirements by monitoring capacity, forecasting requirements and ensuring capability.
Responsible for maintaining and supporting the companies Quality and Safety Management Systems, it’s procedures and processes.
Provide statistical information to the Managing Director with regard to manufacturing output and performance with other statistical data to providing performance improvements.
In partnership with the Managing Director, Finance Manager and Customer Service Manager produce and agree on the annual pricing model and pricing strategies.
Develop, coordinate and implement along with management stakeholders new opportunities and service lines!
To carry out assessments of staff reporting to this position and meet requirements for staff development and training and identify ongoing training needs
Lead the company Lean initiative program to continuously improve efficiencies and develop a Just Culture.
Set team operational targets and efficiency goals through KPI’s and personal targets.
- In partnership with your teams produce and agree on the performance indicators for your departments. Monitor these on a regular basis and communicate results to all employees on a regular frequency
- Prepare and deliver various performance presentations, both internally and externally
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the different departments and will consult them on day-to day basis in relation to product orders, requirements and improvements.
- Coordinates the activities of the department ensuring that customer expectations are met at all times using visible production systems, schedules and priority indicators.
- Lead the production meetings in order to maintain OTD and our output using pull mechanisms to maintain production flows and utilisations.
- Reports monthly department performance internally and externally.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff by conducting tests and various quality assurance checks.
- Monitoring all health and safety processes, checks and reporting is undertaken as stipulated in the company procedures.
- Supporting the RCCA analysis and the NCR process.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Degree preferred however not essential if experience is relevant to the role.
- Have experience of staff supervision and development. Staff handling skills, customer service provision, and the ability to motivate and coach a team of individuals are attributes required. Able to motivate your team to ensure continuous development of sales and customer service provision.
- Has experience working within the aviation sector either within MRO/ CRO or within aviation manufacturing. Knowledge of Engineering principles, techniques, systems, and standards.
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills, a positive and professional outlook and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must speak, read and write English
- Word, excel, Power point operating system
- Knowledge and understanding of work processes, capacity planning, quality management and safety management systems and characteristics associated with an aviation manufacturing environment.
Car Allowance: £5,000 per annum
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension, 25 days + Statutory Holiday