Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of mechanical aspects of combat and automation system products, working across the engineering lifecycle, from requirements capture and through detailed design, qualification, delivery and support.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to deliver complex electrical/mechanical product solutions within a challenging and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Electrical Equipment Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
- Responsible for Mechanical aspects of combat system hardware design
- Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions
- Defining technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
- Developing Mechanical engineering design solutions across the full Engineering Lifecycle
- Substantiating the integrity and performance of new product designs within their operating environments
- Specifying materials, tolerances, finishes, strengths and weights of components
- Defining verification and test procedures, proving compliance for product acceptance
Your skills and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in relevant engineering
- Experienced engineer with substantial mechanical development experience in packaging or electronics and rack installation on ships
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Proven experience of relevant industry standards
- Experience of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
- Experience of undertaking peer reviews and presenting to design review panels
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
What we're looking for in you:
You will have strong commitment, drive and self-motivation with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal allowing you to integrate and converse with a diverse team of engineers. You will have the ability to challenge others effectively, technically lead others by example, and manage both short and long-term engineering objectives.
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Benefits: employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Flexible Working: We embrace flexible and modern working arrangements and feel this is an important part of the benefits that we have on offer. It helps us to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This role can be undertaken either full time, part time, job share, flexible hours or we would welcome your suggestions for how we could make this role fit your circumstances.