Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Location: Glasgow / Portsmouth
- Deliver the Hydrodynamics & Stability analysis activities.
- Maintain hydrodynamics and stability predictions in line with the design requirements; assisting with the mitigation of non-compliances and risks; working across project disciplines to achieve resolution.
- Progressive refinement and updating of Stability models as maturity of design data increases.
- Responsible for delivering the modelling, validation and verification Scope of Work and schedule for Stability Certification
- Co-ordinating own activities, including delivery of assessment and guidance of equipment, systems, ship integration and implementation to meet hydrodynamics targets.
- Provide specialist hydromechanics expertise to organise and co-ordinate significant aspects of engineering activity within the business to ensure defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost. Provide input relevant to own specialist area to policy and strategy.
Qualifications and Functional Knowledge
- Typically degree qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
- Proficient in the use of Paramarine or similar software.
- Technical Knowledge of Stability Modelling, Analysis & Reporting.
- Technical knowledge of resistance and propulsion modelling, analysis and reporting
- Technical Knowledge of vessel manoeuvring modelling, prediction, analysis and reporting
- Technical Knowledge of vessel seakeeping modelling, analysis and reporting
- Technical knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to signature reduction and control techniques.