Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Senior Engineer - Platform Monitoring & Control
Location: Glasgow / Filton, Scotland
Reporting to the Principal Engineer – System Design - Platform Monitoring and Control main responsibilities are
- Working with the naval Platform team and the supplier to resolve technical issues and queries impacting systems development.
- Working with the naval Platform Team, Supply Chain and Project Management to manage the impact of platform and system change on the PM&C scope of supply
- Working with Supply Chain to review Supplier Design Deliverables for both hardware and software artefacts
- Attending supplier design reviews and acceptance events
- Working with other parts of the PM&C team to ensure physical integration of PM&C equipment to the ship and delivery of hardware and software to support the Ship build programme
- Deliver on time and to budget a package of engineering in the form of drawings, models and other technical outputs and data.
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality in line with all requirements and processes.
- Manage and report against the team’s work programmes, including analysis of risk, to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
- Accountability for the outputs of subordinates and checking of their work.
- Carry out technical investigations, including technical research, and assess and provide recommendations regarding short and long-term consequences.
- Develop the team through the L&D and performance management process
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Examples: Systems, Electrical, Electronic, Software, Computer Science, Robotics, Control and Instrumentation)
- Understanding of design principles and approaches relevant to design activities
Ability to work on multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Knowledge of marine systems
- Electrical design experience