Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Purpose of the job:
To assist with the movement, distribution and storage of materials, the flow of incoming materials and outgoing products to ensure customers receive products on time
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Checking all stock on receipt and insuring that correct part number and quantity has been received and stock has been marked up correctly, Reporting any discrepancies or missing/damaged stock to appropriate departments. Ensure all receiving documentation is present as requested on PO and that such documentation is correct and filed correctly.
- Assist in the forward planning of manufacturing orders by consolidating and issuing materials required by production.
- Ensure goods are stored and identified correctly to minimise damage, deterioration and stock loss, improve stock rotation and maintain full batch traceability.
- Complete administration work associated with the stores function.
- Perform stocktakes within the stores area, reconciling stock records with physical counts of parts.
- Booking in and locate stock into warehouse and updating computer system
- Ensuring cartons / pallets are visibly marked up with customer Name and order number and stored safely in allocated areas using appropriate MHE
- Pick and pack goods ready for despatch.
- Ensuring that drivers have correct reference number for collections and all paperwork is signed by drivers and paperwork returned to appropriate departments
- Reporting any discrepancies, missing stock or missed collections to appropriate departments
- Loading and unloading of vehicles using appropriate FLT / MHE as required
- Contribute toward the improvement of Company standards, practices and procedures
- Help investigate and resolve any internal or external customer enquiries
- Ensuring that all areas are kept tidy and clean
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with company health, safety and quality policies.
- Carrying out start of day safety checks on FLT.
- Liaising with members of other departments.
- Saw materials/billets to required sizes using sawing machines.
- Empty swarf bins to appropriate containers. Arrange collection of swarf for disposal.
- Moving goods to and from local companies
- Surveying all incoming goods for Counterfeit, Fraudulent and Suspect Items