Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
- Champion the systems engineering discipline within the engineering team, providing continuous improvement to processes, mentoring/training of staff and providing recommendations to the Engineering Director aligned with the Strategic Plan
- Support project managers in the formation of project plans, estimates, identification and management of risk/issues, project reporting and adherence to schedule and cost
- Identify cost and schedule reduction opportunities during project planning and through the project lifecycle
- Solicit from stakeholders and derive system level functional and performance requirements at the outset of projects and manage compliance through life.
- Support the team in the analysis, breakdown and derivation of requirements for lower-level subsystems and engineering disciplines
- Provide system architectural designs and trade-off analyses
- Take technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and guide other engineers during development project phases.
- Engage with supply chain, production and test departments throughout the development process to optimise the design for manufacture and test
- Lead design reviews with customers
- Take a hands-on leadership role in the planning and execution of integration, validation and verification, compliance and commissioning aspects of the products
- Provide line management and career coaching of direct reports as required.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrable passion for the systems engineering discipline
- Demonstrable understanding and experience in requirements capture and through-life management
- At least 5 years experience in systems engineering on multidisciplinary projects
- At least 5 years experience of cradle to grave product development, including verification and validation and beyond
- Proven experience in leading and successfully delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design experience in products requiring combined mechanical, electronic and software components.
- Evidence of drive and initiative for continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable initiative/innovation in problem-solving
- Good all-around practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems.
- Highly organised and methodical with an eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently of other staff when required.
- A flexible, conscientious and diligent attitude.
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times.
- A team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.