Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Field Service Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Provide commissioning, service, repairs and after-sales support to products and systems both in house and on customer site
- Fault-find and troubleshoot systems, often on-board ships, to establish fault and repair as required
- Assist with associated technical documentation related to work carried out
- Support the Sales team in demos and trials for customers as necessary
- Provide technical support and advice to internal and external customers
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW’s for installation/commissioning activities
The Successful Applicant:
- Previous experience within a similar position is essential, with hands-on electro-mechanical skills.
- Exposure with the Navy or Military is required, knowledge of Naval Surveillance Systems is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Ethernet protocols – RS242 / serial links etc with the ability to perform fault diagnosis.
- Basic skills in mechanical, electrical and electronics.
- Experience in writing comprehensive visit and fault reports
- Must be willing to travel worldwide within a short notice period, working extended hours when necessary
- Strong Customer relation/interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technically at all levels